Hey there! This is Primal Instinks, the creator and operator of The No Deo Hero wishing all my new fans a warm welcome to my show. I'm also the one who edits all the videos and answers all the comments and emails, and you'll see me in every video I upload on my channel.
There's a few important things I feel I need to point out to new visitors, especially ones who found my channel by way of YouTube's algorithm.
The first point I want to make is that this is my show. While I do occasionally feature friends of mine in my videos, they don't always have the time to participate and there's no guarantee that they'll be in a video I upload. I know there's a lot of subscribers who look forward to videos containing more than one person in them doing fun things together, but it's just not possible all the time because none of my friends have that kind of availability in their busy lives. Trust me, I wish they did!
I always make time to film and upload videos for my fans, and I sincerely hope that everyone who subscribes to my channel is a fan of mine and will always be happy to see a new video with me in it. While I believe this is mostly the case, I have received a few odd comments from time to time from people saying they only follow me because they have a crush on one of my friends I occasionally feature in my videos, and this is never a comfortable or ideal situation for me when it happens.
I also want to stress the fact that while the stinkpit comedy is a standout part of my show that I do enjoy filming, it's not the only thing that I upload on my channel. I pay attention to my video analytics and it shows that YouTube has been recommending new fans to my channel for a long time by promoting the Stinkpit Gladiators video (ironically, since that video was age-restricted and demonetized by a homophobic YouTube employee who apparently thought it was too gay for kids and advertisers, despite it being filmed from a fun and comedic standpoint), and this often results in people spamming "stinkpit pls" on my uploads in demand for more. My channel has always been a variety show since the day I created it back in 2015, and while I will continue to film stinkpit (and stinkshoe) videos for my fans to enjoy, my show will continue to offer more than just that since I have fans of other types of content I upload as well.
The goal of any creator or influencer is to connect with fans who are their true fans all around, through and through. It's not an ideal situation for me to have people only subscribe because they just like one type of video I upload and will only watch that type of video and ignore everything else I take the time and effort to film, edit, and post for everyone to enjoy. I'm talented in more than just one way and I have inspirational things I like to say to uplift people who take the time to listen.
So for new visitors who are wondering at this point what my channel is actually about, I'll tell you! In no particular order, this is the variety of videos you can expect to see on my show:
* Gym motivation and workout videos. I have gym equipment at my house I purchased so I don't need to go to public gyms and I work out 5 days every week. I film videos of me exercising and completing athletic challenges as a form of entertainment as well as motivation for everyone watching to live healthier lives.
* Showcasing my breath-holding talent. Being a competitive person all my life, I've practiced holding my breath ever since I was really young and it paid off once I grew up. My current longest record for holding my breath is 5 minutes and 5 seconds, and that's above water. I actually can't hold my breath as long underwater due to the possibility of drowning, but I do enjoy showing off this talent on land for everyone who enjoys seeing it.
* Athletic competition with friends. When my friends have the free time and interest to participate, I like to film videos of friendly athletic competition with them. This includes sparring matches where boxing gloves and head gear is worn, as well as wrestling matches. I also have a sport I created called "brethling" I like to film for my fans and it's actually the most popular type of video I upload on my channel!
* Weird and gross comedy skits. This is where the stinkpit skits come in! I've always had a weird and gross sense of humor and I grew up watching shows like Ren & Stimpy and Jackass which only further fueled it. With this type of humor imprinting on me in my youth, my style of comedy I like to film on my channel includes scenarios like having to smell stinky shoes and armpits. I also do unconventional things like operate vehicles and ride bicycles barefoot and run around shirtless all the time. I know I have a huge following of fans for this type of humor and I appreciate knowing so many people enjoying seeing it! While it's not something I put in every video I upload, I will definitely continue keeping it part of my show. My channel is called The No Deo Hero after all!
* Open and inspirational vlogs and podcasts. In response to comments from fans who were curious about my sexual identity early on, I uploaded a video years ago where I explained to everyone that I'm asexual. Surprisingly, I received a lot of comments from followers of mine who said they were the same way, some of which thanked me for helping them finally understand their own identity after listening to me being open about mine. The impact of those comments has shown me how important it is for me to continue being open and honest about myself, and I'll continue filming vlogs and music-free podcasts where I discuss this topic and related ones.
* Simulated stompdown videos. Inspired by the printer-smashing scene from a 1999 movie called Office Space, I started filming perspective videos where I set the camera on the floor facing up, tower over it, and deliver a simulated beatdown to the audience watching. A lot of fans enjoyed it and it became a staple playlist of my channel that I continue to enjoying filming to this day. These types of videos are also the most-commissioned ones that I get paid to film, and I enjoy getting paid to film them!
Speaking of which... I also allow fans to commission me for custom videos if you didn't already know. This means if you can use Cash App, Patreon, or Amazon e-gift card to send me 50 USD, I will film a personal video just for you (after you email me the details of what you want to see) and send you the video to enjoy as many times as you like. This is how I crowdfund for my show along with having a Patreon where I offer exclusive posts and content for fans who pledge monthly.
I also have many behind-the-scenes extras that fans can purchase access to which are detailed on this very website, where the prices are also included. This is another way I crowdfund for my show since YouTube is notorious for being volatile and not paying its creators well, especially with someone like me who doesn't have a million followers and doesn't upload mainstream content. Sadly, I've had YouTube videos of mine age-restricted, demonetized, and even deleted over the years by homophobic employees for ridiculous reasons such as accusing my friends and me of filming "sexual content" together or being "shocking and dangerous."
As another form of crowdfunding and a way to sell my own style of merch, I recently started a used clothing line here on this website for fans who said they wanted to purchase clothes that I've worn.
I hope this blog helped explain more about me and what my channel is about. If you have any questions, you're always welcome to ask! Thanks again to everyone for being my fan and supporting me all these years. There's a lot more in store, so stay tuned!
- Primal 💚
Hey guys! I hope you've been enjoying spring so far like I have.
As you can tell from my sense of humor and inspirations, I'm a big fan of cartoons and animation. I've had the honor of discovering a few artists online who are cool enough to allow me to commission them to draw artwork for me that I use to decorate this official website as well as the banner on my YouTube channel and Patreon.
I currently have 2 artists who create artwork for me, and they are Ratmeat and Sir Isaac. I had a third artist momentarily who created several digital drawings for me but he didn't work out, so Ratty and Ike are my go-to guys for awesome art!
Ratmeat is a freelance 2D digital artist as well as a 3D low poly video game developer from Texas. His interest in creating original characters and drawing horror-inspired scenes of monsters in a punk theme really caught my eye and he was actually the first artist I commissioned for artwork to use for The No Deo Hero.
Art he created for me includes my rat mascot flexing his biceps on the banner of my YouTube channel and Patreon (as well as the splash screen of this official website), the rat sitting in a chair holding his breath with a phone timer in his hand, and the rat being forced to hold his breath by the tattooed panther. If you pay attention to the green walls of my bedroom in my videos, you'll see that they're covered with posters of Ratmeat's paintings that I purchased, and I also have a few magnets of his art on my refrigerator.
Here's a catalogue of Ratmeat's work you can check out: https://ratmeatcreations.carrd.co
My second artist Sir Isaac actually discovered me instead of the other way around. He came across one of my YouTube videos and reached out about having me film a real-life version of one of his animations in exchange for creating an animated scene for me. When life got busy for him and that plan fell through, I decided to have a look at his YouTube channel and instantly enjoyed the animations I saw. He's inspired by slapstick comedy and the art style of cartoons I grew up watching and still enjoy to this day, and his original characters and entertaining scripts and voice talent made me an instant fan.
Unfortunately he experienced some issues with YouTube and is planning to start a new channel with original animations that I volunteered to help out with by providing voice talent where needed. I also took the opportunity to commission him for artwork, and he's since illustrated several scenes from my videos that I've included on my official website, including my rat mascot with his foot raised and ready for a stompdown, the rat hogtied and sock-gagged with a plastic bag tied around his head, the rat relaxing with his feet propped up and his arms behind his head, and the rat being bested in a brethling match by a werewolf.
Here's a link to Sir Isaac's YouTube channel where his awesome animations are currently hosted: https://www.youtube.com/user/SirIsaacChannel/videos
I'm thankful to have both of these incredible artists in my corner and very satisfied with the artwork they've created for me. It's surreal to be a fan of cartoons all my life and get to see myself satirized as a stinking rat who's fur happens to be green (my favorite color) and goes around holding his breath and smelling his friends' shoes. Art imitates life 😄